Subject: Re: Lawsuits (formerly "Starting The Business")
From: candyman <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 1995 17:06:41 -0500

At 10:54 AM 12/20/95 -0500, you wrote:
>You wrote:
>========================================================
>"the effort it would require to go after him...even if everything had worked
>out smoothly, he got my price down to only a few hundred dollars so it's not
>really a huge loss...the wisdom gained from this experience is worth much
>more."

my 2c on this...We have always tried to run things on the premise of
respect,if you have solid
reasoning on a project and can back up yourself with information, then by
all means stick to your
guns as to pricing,timelines etc...AND be prepared to WALK AWAY...If you are
desperate for the work 
producers can smell it and are like wolves to blood, and beleive me if you
do one project for him cheap
you can be prepared to hear about any price adjustments in the future or
they will go to the cheapest place.

And just think , if done properly and tactfully, one can turn this situation
around and instead of starting with a reputation as someone who will take
any crap to turn a buck, into being thought of as the person who knows
exactly what the jobs entail and how to best go about it.

of course I say all this because IMHE  all producers esp. the ones who
should know better DONT have a real handle on the process behind
incorperating animations into projects and if you can show them your a
proffessional and make their lives a little easier you will have more real
$$ work than u can handle..

 
>
	Those who perceive the as yet unnamed, are vagabonds...